EliGene® Kits and RealTime PCR instruments are now available from TCS Biosciences Ltd
We are pleased to announce we are now distributors for Elisabeth Pharmacon.
Elisabeth Pharmacon became the first Czech Republic company to produce DNA diagnostics under ISO 13485 certification in 2008. Since 2012 the company now develops and manufactures laboratory instruments.
EliGene® Kits and RealTime PCR instruments
EliGene® kits are divided according to detection chemistry into three basic ranges, namely UNI, RT and LC.
In the UNI range, 'molecular beacons' chemistry using hybridization fluorescence probes is used in combination with hot-start polymerase. The total reaction volume is 20µl when 5µl of isolated DNA is added directly to the ready-to-use Mastermix containing all necessary components for the reaction. Using uracil in the reaction mix enables UNG treatment to prevent the re-amplification of carryover-PCR products by removing any uracil incorporated into a single- or double-stranded DNA. In the UNI kits fluorescence dyes with excitation wavelengths of 495, 520 and emission wavelengths of 520, 550 are used together with non-fluorescence quenchers. These kits are designed to be used with almost all real-time instruments on the market. The typical run-time for UNI kits is about 50 minutes.
In the RT range, 'TaqMan' chemistry using hydrolysing fluorescence probes is used in combination with hot-start polymerase and ROX dye as a passive reference. The total reaction volume is 25µl when 5µl of isolated DNA is added directly to ready-to-use Mastermix containing all the necessary components for the reaction. In the RT kits, fluorescence dyes with excitation wavelengths of 495, 520 nm and emission wavelengths of 520, 550 nm are used together with non-fluorescence quenchers. These kits are designed for ABI instruments of 7000 range and they are optimized on a LightCycler 480 instrument, but can be used with other instruments that meet the spectral characteristics of these fluorescence dyes. The typical run-time for RT kits is about 2 hours.
In the LC range, 'molecular beacons' chemistry using hybridization fluorescence probes is used in combination with hot-start polymerase. The total reaction volume is 20µl when 5µl of isolated DNA is added to the Mastermix created by mixing polymerase with a reaction mix containing all the necessary components for the reaction. Fluorescence dyes with excitation wavelengths of 495, 460 and emission wavelengths of 515, 705 are used together with non-fluorescence quenchers. The LC kits are designed for LightCycler 1.2 and 2.0 instruments but they can be used with other instruments that meet the spectral characteristics of the fluorescence dyes and the rapid heating/cooling rate. The typical run-time for LC kits is about 1 hour.
Instrument Compatibility Chart
A grey tick indicates that the compatibility is based on the technical specification of the instrument.
Advantages of EliGene® isolation kits
- Isolation on columns enables robust and rapid isolation of DNA.
- Special composition of the reagents and columns guarantees high yields and minimises risk of inhibition during PCR.
- Isolation procedures tested directly with a variety of clinical samples including blood, plasma, serum, sputum, urine, semen; and buccal, cervical, eye, rectal and urethral swabs.
- Kits are CE certified IVD.
- New fully automatic isolation of DNA/RNA from all kinds of clinical samples by ZEPHYRUS® Magneto instrument.
- CE certified kits for automatic isolation are fully compatible with EliGene® Real Time PCR kits.
Advantages of EliGene® detection kits
- The use of the internal control allows to monitoring of the extraction procedure and checking for possible PCR inhibition.
- Kits are supplied with positive controls allowing quality control of the analysis.
- Simultaneous amplification (multiplex) of DNA/RNA from pathogen and internal control in one PCR tube.
- The use of Hot-Start technology minimizes the risk of non-specific reactions and provides ultimate sensitivity 1-10 copies of nucleic acid/reaction.
- The usage of ready-to-use Mastermixes containing all reaction components for easier reaction setup and handling.
- The usage of uracil in the Mastermixes of UNI kits enables UNG treatment to prevent the re-amplification of carryover-PCR products by removing any uracil incorporated into single- or double- stranded DNA.
- To ensure the highest quality of our kits, the raw material from the leading providers is used.
- Quantitative standards in the most of the kits enable precise calculation of the NA load from 102 to 106 copies/reaction.
- High stability of used reagents.
- The usage of EliGene® UNI kits enables complete detection in 50 minutes.
- Kits are CE certified IVD.
- Kits are validated on LightCycler® 1.2, 2.0, Nano and 480, ABI® 7300, 7500 and 7500FAST, RotorGene-Q (RotorGene 6000).
- Compatibility of the kits with broad range of instruments - RotorGene®, SmartCycler®, Mx3000P and 3005P® QPCR systems of iQ5®, CFX96® and other cyclers.
Sample processing - sampling, transport, storage and DNA isolation
The amplification success depends mostly on the quality of the purified nucleic acid. The highest sensitivity in PCR detection can only be achieved with good sample preparation. The quality of sample preparation depends not only on the isolation procedure but also on the timing of collection (clinical relevance), transport and storage conditions. The presence of preservation agents in transport media could lead to PCR inhibition as well. It is therefore important that the isolation procedure is rigorously tested to avoid false negative results.
EliGene® and MAGNETO isolation kits offer to the customer an optimised solution with high quality reagents for manual and automatic preparation. EliGene® and MAGNETO isolation kits are rigorously tested in order to exclude the presence of contaminants and PCR inhibitors. Together with EliGene® detection kits including an Internal Control, EliGene® or MAGNETO isolation kits, we provide the optimal solution for accurate and highly sensitive diagnostics.
EliGene® diagnostic kits must be shipped frozen on dry ice. Freeze-thaw cycles lower the sensitivity of diagnostic kits. Diagnostic kits are packed in polystyrene boxes to protect them from thawing during shipment.
PCR products are available for the following applications:
- Respiratory Infections
- Sexually Transmitted Genitourinary Infections
- Viral Infections
- Bacterial Infections
- Human Genetics
- DNA/RNA Isolation & Spectral Calibration
- ZEPHYRUS® Instruments